Ben Camey Wallace, sometimes known as Ben Wallace, is a former professional basketball player from the United States. Currently, he serves as a team management consultant for the NBA’s Detroit Pistons.
Although Wallace originally failed to get selected in the NBA draft, he had a legendary career in the world’s most prestigious basketball league. Before joining the NBA, he played briefly in the Italian Basketball League with Reggio Calabria.
Before this, Ben was a collegiate basketball player for Cuyahoga CC & Virginia Union Panthers.
Ben’s comeback to the NBA and his meteoric ascent to popularity dominated NBA discussions throughout the majority of the 2000s. And he deserved to be in the limelight because he made a return when no one expected him to.
The American centre’s offensive performance was always subpar, but he was one of the finest rebounders.
Ben retired in 2012 with several NBA records, some of which have not been broken for decades.
Now, we will analyse his life and work in the following piece. We will begin with the Fast Facts.
Early Life of Ben Wallace
He was born in White Hall, Alabama, the USA. Ben Wallace’s father’s name is unknown, and her mother’s name is Sadie Wallace (Death:2003).
He has ten siblings. Ben was the tenth of eleven kids, the youngest of eight brothers, and As a result, he didn’t have to endure nearly as much hardship as his elder siblings did. However, he was also born into a low-income family &, like his brothers, spent his childhood working on pecan farms.
Ben Wallace Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
He was born on September 10, 1974. Ben Wallace ‘s age is 48 as of August 2022. As for her height, she is 6 feet and 9 inches tall, and he weighs around 109kg. He has Black eyes and Black hair. Ben Wallace belongs to American nationality, and her zodiac sign is Virgo.
Ben Wallace Education
Wallace attended Central High School, located in Hayneville, Alabama, for his schooling. He received all-state honours as a member of the basketball and football teams at the institution. After high school graduation, he continued his basketball education at Cuyahoga Community College to better his game. After two years, he switched to Virginia Union University, where he studied criminal justice as his major.
Ben Wallace’s Personal Life
The former athlete is wedded to Chanda Wallace, and they have three children together: Bryce, Ben Jr., and Bailey. Ben was detained outside the courthouse in 2011 and accused of concealing a firearm, resulting in a one-year probation term.
Ben Wallace Professional Career
- In 1996, Ben began his professional career with the Washington Bullets. During the first season, he played 34 games for the squad. The next year, he played in 67 games. In 1999, he was moved to the Orlando Magic due to his subpar play with the team.
- After being moved from the Orlando Magic to the Detroit Pistons in 2000, he had the most productive season of his professional career. He developed as a defender and finished second in the team’s first season.
- After improving, even more, the next year, he was recognized as the best defender in the NBA and awarded the Defensive Player of the Year trophy.
- During the 2002-2003 season, he again earned the same honour and was named to the All-Defensive team. Throughout the season, his squad won 50 games. The 2003-2004 season was the first time since 1990 that Detroit Michigan reached the finals, and they won the title.
- The 2005-2006 seasons marked the conclusion of his tenure at Detroit Michigan, as the Chicago Bulls signed him in 2006. The $60 million deal was to last for four years. Before retiring in 2013 and going to Detroit, Michigan, he also spent time with the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Quick Bio / Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Ben Wallace (Ben Camey Wallace)|
|Birth Place:||White Hall, Alabama, the USA|
|Date Of Birth/Birthday:||September 10, 1974|
|Age/How Old:||48 years old|
|Height/How Tall:||In Centimetres – 205cm |
In Feet and Inches – 6 ′ 9″
|Weight:||In Kilograms – 109Kg|
In Pounds – 240lbs
|Parents Name:||Father – N/A|
Mother – Sadie Wallace
|School/College:||Central High School, Virginia Union University|
|Wife/Spouse Name:||Chanda Wallace|
|Kids/Children Name:||Bryce, Ben Jr., and Bailey|
|Net Worth:||$3 Million|
|Social Media:||Twitter, Facebook, Instagram|
|Last Updated:||August 2022|
Ben Wallace Awards and Achievements
- First-team Division II All-American – NABC (1996)
- NBA blocks leader (2002)
- All-NBA Third Team (2002, 2005)
- NBA All-Defensive First Team (2002-06)
- NBA All-Star (2003-06)
- NBA champion (2004)
- All-NBA Second Team (2003, 2004, 2006)
- Winner of four NBA Defensive Player of the Year awards (2002, 2003, 2005, 2006)
- No. 3 was retired by Detroit Pistons
- NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2007)
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Ben Wallace in 2022
As of 2020, Ben has an average net worth of $3 million. This includes his property, income, and funds. His career as a professional basketball player accounts for the majority of his income. He has amassed considerable wealth from his different sources of income, yet he wants to live a humble lifestyle.