Elton John, who is also known as Sir Elton Hercules John, is a British actor, singer, and music composer.
Up to this point, Elton John has collaborated in the Hollywood entertainment sector, and his artwork has appeared in English-language films. As a follow-up to his 1972 hit single of the same name, he earned the moniker “Rocket Man.” This article provides detailed information about Elton John’s Bio, Career, Family, and Net Worth, among other topics.
Early Life of Elton John
He was born in Pinner, Middlesex, United Kingdom. Elton John’s father’s name is Stanley Dwight, and her mother’s name is Sheila Eileen Dwight. He has four siblings: Geoff Dwight, Robert Dwight, Simon Dwight, and Stan Dwight.
Elton was reared in a Pinner council housing by his paternal grandparents. At 14 years of age, his parents split. His father remarried and had further children.
His mother wed a local painter named Fred Farebrother, whom Elton lovingly referred to as “Derf.”
Later, Elton selected his stage name as tribute to two members of his early band Bluesology: saxophone Elton Dean and singer Long John Baldry.
In 1972, he legally altered his name to Elton Hercules John.
Elton John Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
He was born on March 25, 1947. Elton John’s age is 76 as of February 2023. He is a tall man at 5′ 7“ and weighs around 87kg. He has Black eyes and brown hair. Elton John belongs to British nationality, and her zodiac sign is Aries.
Elton John Education
He attended Reddiford School, Pinner County Grammar School, & Pinner Wood Junior School for his schooling. John abandoned his studies to pursue a career in music before his A-Level examinations.
Elton John Personal Life
- Renate Blauel and Elton John were married in February 1984. Four years later, the two split ways.
- In 1988, he admitted to being gay and started a relationship with David Furnish in 1993.
- When the Civil Partnership Act was enacted in 2005, Elton John and David Furnish were among the first British couples to establish a civil partnership.
- On December 21, 2014, when homosexual marriage became legal, John & Furnish were married. Zachary & Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John are their two children born through surrogacy.
- To support HIV/AIDS prevention initiatives, John established the Elton John AIDS Foundation in 1992. The foundation’s mission is to reduce prejudice and discrimination against HIV/AIDS-affected individuals and offer assistance to people suffering from the virus or in danger of contracting it.
- In the late 1960s, Elton engaged to secretary Linda Woodrow, mentioned in the song “Someone Saved My Life Tonight.”
- Bernie Taupin encouraged Elton to stop the relationship two weeks before their planned wedding, and he did so.
- In February 1984, Elton married German recording engineer Renate Blauel. Blauel subsequently revealed that she attempted suicide on their honeymoon in St. Tropez when Elton informed her of his desire to end their relationship.
- In 1988, their marriage terminated in divorce. Elton subsequently said: “She was the most refined woman I had ever met, but it was not to be. I had been living a lie.”
- Blauel filed a lawsuit against Elton in 2020 for writing about their relationship in his 2019 book Me.
Elton John Professional Career
- Elton John’s claimed occupation was as a bar pianist on weekends. On one occasion, he assumed many roles, including employment at a music publishing company, the formation of a band with buddies, and solo hotel concerts.
- 1962 was the year he founded the blues band Bluesology. Until 1967, John was a member of a blues band. He met his longstanding musical companion, Taupin, in the same year.
- John composed the music for the latter’s words. “Scarecrow” was the first song they recorded together. Therefore, Dwight changed his name to Elton John after the artists of Bluesology.
- In 1968, Elton and Taupin joined the crew of famous composers at DJM Records. Both of them penned and wrote songs for various musicians and vocalists. They both transitioned to more complicated forms beginning with catchy music and simple words.
- Following the release of the 1972 smash single of the same name, Elton has christened the “Rocket Man.” Since the 1970s, John has enjoyed a commercially successful solo career. Since 1969, he has released 31 albums. Since 1967, Elton has teamed with songwriter Bernie Taupin.
- The reviewers appreciated his 1970s work and his enduring effect on the music business. John’s songs and stage presence had a significant impact on popular music.
- In 1992, Elton formed the Elton John AIDS Foundation as a charity to sponsor projects to prevent HIV/ AIDS if we consider his former life. He assists HIV/AIDS patients and those at risk of developing the disease.
Quick Bio / Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Elton John (Sir Elton Hercules John)|
|Birth Place:||Pinner, Middlesex, United Kingdom|
|Date Of Birth/Birthday:||March 25, 1947|
|Age/How Old:||76 years old|
|Height/How Tall:||In Centimetres – 170cm |
In Feet and Inches – 5 ′ 7″
|Weight:||In Kilograms – 87Kg|
In Pounds – 191lbs
|Parents Name:||Father – Stanley Dwight|
Mother – Sheila Eileen Dwight
|Siblings:||Geoff Dwight, Robert Dwight, Simon Dwight, and Stan Dwight|
|School/College:||Reddiford School, Pinner County Grammar School, & Pinner Wood Junior School|
|Relationship:||Renate Blauel, David Furnish, Linda Woodrow, Renate Blauel|
|Kids/Children Name:||Zachary & Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John|
|Profession:||Actor, Singer, And Music Composer|
|Net Worth:||$500 million|
|Social Media:||Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Facebook|
|Last Updated:||February 2023|
Elton John Awards and Achievements
- Elton John wrote the song Can You Feel The Love Tonight and won the 1995 Academy Award for Best Original Song?
- John was nominated for several Grammy Awards and won in five different categories. In 2000, he received the Tony Award for Best Original Music Score for “Aida.” Additionally, he has garnered five Brit Awards. John earned the inaugural Brits Icon award in 2013.
- Songwriters Hall of Fame & Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee.
- 1995 saw the appointment of Elton John as a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE). Queen Elizabeth II appointed him Knight Bachelor later in 1998.
- A star was awarded to him on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Elton John in 2023
In 2021, it was anticipated that Elton John would be worth $500 million (£378 million). With 300 million records sold globally, he is one of the most commercially successful musicians of all time.
According to our research, the singer has real estate worth $50 million and art valued between $100 and $200 million.
In addition, he reportedly earned $500,000 a night in Las Vegas and spent $2 million per month in the 1990s because he could. During a touring year, he earns at least $80 million.