Joseph Glenn Herbert is recognized professionally as Jo Koy. He is a well-known Filipino-American stand-up comedian who has recently amassed a large fan base with his semi-regular performances on “The Adam Carolla Show.” He is most known for his appearances on the E! late-night show Chelsea Lately, where he was a frequent panellist.
This gifted comedian had said that it was quite easy to come up with his stage name ‘Jo Koy,’ as it was derived from a nickname his family used to call him when he was growing up.
Early Life of Jo Koy
He was born in Tacoma, Washington, America. Jo Koy’s father’s name is Fred Harrison (Stepfather), and her mother’s name is Josie Harrison. He has two siblings: Rowena Hebert and Gemma Herbert.
Jo Koy Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
He was born on June 2, 1971. Jo Koy’s age is 51 as of August 2022. Her height is 6 feet 2 inches, and he weighs around 64kg. He has Dark Brown eyes, and He is bald and hairless. He belongs to an American nationality, and her zodiac sign is Gemini.
Jo Koy Education
He began his studies at Spanaway Lake High School but graduated from Foss High School in Tacoma. This constant shift of surroundings may have contributed to Jo being extremely diversified and tolerant. This young guy was accepted to the University of Nevada in Las Vegas, but he put up his academic studies to focus solely on stand-up comedy.
Jo Koy Personal Life
He is presently unmarried and a single parent.
Chelsea Handler was in a relationship with Jo Koy. They formalised their relationship through his Instagram profiles in 2021. Later, on July 18, 2022, this pair was separated.
Before his divorce, he was married to Angie King. Angie King, his ex-wife, is a Filipino-American singer. They have a son named Joseph Herbert Jr., born in 2003.
The parents share joint custody of their kids after the divorce.
Jo Koy Professional Career
- The American stand-up comedian Jo Koy. The young comedian began his stand-up career in 1994 at a Las Vegas comedy club. After appearing at the MGM Grand Las Vegas, he hired the Huntridge Theatre and sold tickets to his comedy concerts door-to-door.
- A Los Angeles-based talent coordinator discovered Koy and secured his first television appearance on Bet’s Comic View. He has been on Comic View for two seasons.
- On July 23, 2012, he and comedian and TV broadcaster Michael YO launched a podcast titled The Michael Yo and Jo Koy program.
- Today, the comedian travels the United States and is a weekly guest on The Adam Carolla Show podcast. The Koy Pond is a weekly podcast he hosts after joining the PodcastOne family.
- Netflix aired Jo Koy: In His Elements, a comedy special starring Filipino American comedians, DJs, and B-boys, on June 12, 2020.
Quick Bio / Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Jo Koy (Joseph Glenn Herbert)|
|Birth Place:||Tacoma, Washington, America|
|Date Of Birth/Birthday:||June 2, 1971|
|Age/How Old:||51 years old|
|Height/How Tall:||In Centimetres – 187cm |
In Feet and Inches – 6 ′ 2″
|Weight:||In Kilograms – 64Kg|
In Pounds – 141lbs
|Eye Color:||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color:||Bald and Hairless|
|Parents Name:||Father – Fred Harrison (Stepfather)|
Mother – Josie Harrison
|Siblings:||Rowena Hebert and Gemma Herbert|
|School/College:||Spanaway Lake High School, Foss High School|
|Girlfriend:||Chelsea Handler (Ex)|
|Wife/Spouse Name:||Angie King (Ex)|
|Kids/Children Name:||Joseph Herbert Jr.|
|Net Worth:||$5 Million|
|Social Media:||Instagram, Facebook, Twiiter|
|Last Updated:||August 2022|
Jo Koy Awards and Achievements
After a close vote, Jo was declared the winner of the showtime. Similarly, he won the prestigious Canadian Gemini Award for “Stand-Up Comedian of the Year” at the Just for Laughs Comedy Festival in Montreal in 2018.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Jo Koy in 2022
Jo Koy is a Filipino-American stand-up comedian who is worth $5 million. Jo is one of the most prominent travelling comedians in the world, and she has a string of critically acclaimed comedy specials to her name.
Hosting podcasts and making guest appearances on various TV shows, movies, and other ventures also bring in a nice income for him. Jo Koy’s wealth has increased by 25% in the past several years, and his yearly income has reached around $500,000.