Margaret Julia Thomas Donahue is an American actress, social activist, producer, and novelist who is 84 years old.
She is well recognized for her role in the sitcom “That Girl” (1966 to 1971). Her other well-known children’s program is “Free to be you and me.”
Marlo Thomas is the ‘National Outreach Director’ at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Marlo Thomas has won multiple prizes for her work, including Grammy awards, the Primetime Emmy Award, the Golden Globe Award, and the Peabody Award.
In addition, she has been inducted into the Broadcasting and Cable Hall of Fame.
Additionally, Thomas is an active philanthropist who has assisted several philanthropic groups.
Tell us more about Marlo Thomas, including his significant life events and any pertinent information and data.
Early Life of Marlo Thomas
She was born in Santiago, Chile. Marlo Thomas’s father’s name is Danny Thomas, and her mother’s name is Rose Marie Mantell Thomas. She has two siblings: Tony Thomas and Terre Thomas.
Marlo Thomas Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
She was born on November 21, 1937. Marlo Thomas’s age is 85 as of November 2022. Her height is 5 feet 4 inches, and she weighs around 56kg. She has Brown eyes and brown hair. Marlo Thomas belongs to American nationality, and her zodiac sign is Scorpio.
Marlo Thomas Education
Regarding her schooling, Marlo attended ‘Marymount High School‘ in Los Angeles and earned a teaching degree from ‘The University of Southern California.’
Marlo Thomas Personal Life
- Currently, Marlo Thomas is wedded to Phil Donahue. The pair met while Marlo was a guest on a television program.
- He was two years older than Marlo because he was born on December 21, 1935. Phil began his career as a radio personality before becoming a reporter and a successful television program presenter. He is currently a published author.
- Marlo Thomas did not have any children. After marrying Phil Donahue, she accepted him and his five children from a previous relationship.
- It is unknown to this day why Marlo never had children of her own. She stayed committed to parenting her stepsons and daughters, Daniel, Michael, Kevin, James, and Mary Rose.
Marlo Thomas Professional Career
- Marlo Thomas began pursuing a career as an actor at an early age, and she was rewarded with roles in various television programs.
- Her initial roles were in the television series Ben Casey, My Favourite Martian, and Bonanza. Her breakthrough came in 1965 when she was cast in the critically acclaimed play “Barefoot in the Park.” She initially performed the piece in London before being cast in subsequent Broadway versions.
- Thomas’s casting in the lead part of “That Girl” represented a second significant achievement. The program was one of the first to have a female protagonist who did not live with her parents; it depicted the tale of a struggling young actress in New York. The show’s run, from 1966 through 1971, was immensely successful.
- After publishing the children’s book “Free to Be… You and Me” in 1972, Marlo Thomas adapted the narrative into various television programs.
- The CD “Marlo Thomas and Friends: Children’s Songs” is another one of her recordings. Thanks and Giving Every Day.” After “That Girl” ended, she proceeded to star in other television series and films. She performed in the 2015 Broadway production of “Clever Little Lies.”
Quick Bio / Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Marlo Thomas (Margaret Julia Thomas Donahue)|
|Birth Place:||Santiago, Chile|
|Date Of Birth/Birthday:||November 21, 1937|
|Age/How Old:||85 years old|
|Height/How Tall:||In Centimetres – 162cm |
In Feet and Inches – 5 ′ 4″
|Weight:||In Kilograms – 56Kg|
In Pounds – 123lbs
|Parents Name:||Father – Danny Thomas|
Mother – Rose Marie Mantell Thomas
|Siblings:||Tony Thomas and Terre Thomas|
|School/College:||Marymount High School, University of Southern California|
|Wife/Spouse Name:||Phil Donahue|
|Kids/Children Name:||Daniel, Michael, Kevin, James, and Mary Rose|
|Profession:||Actress, Social Activist, Producer, and Novelist|
|Net Worth:||Roughly $150 Million|
|Social Media:||Instagram, Twitter|
|Last Updated:||November 2022|
Marlo Thomas Awards and Achievements
Marlo’s acting career to date has yielded several important honours. The whole list of her honours is provided below:
- Emmy Awards: 1 victory and 5 nominations
- Grammy Award: 1
- Golden Globe Award: 1
- Peabody Award for her philanthropic works.
- Presidential Medal of Freedom by Barack Obama in 2014.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Marlo Thomas in 2022
According to reports, Marlo Thomas has roughly $150 million net worth. Her primary source of income is as a television personality & movie actress.
Midway through the 1960s, Barefoot in the Park offered Marlo her first significant role. Her career then skyrocketed, & she achieved incredible success.
Her most recent contribution was Ocean’s 8, a 2018 action-comedy film. In supporting parts, she has also appeared on Friends, Ugly Betty, The New Normal, The Ballers, and even Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.