Molly Shannon is an actor, writer, producer, & comedian from the United States. Molly Shannon was a Saturday Night Live cast member. Shannon is arguably best known for being a cast member on “Saturday Night Live” from 1995 until 2001. In addition, she featured in the “SNL” spin-off films “A Night at the Roxbury” (1998) & “Superstar” (1999).
Quick Bio / Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Molly Shannon|
|Birth Place:||Shaker Heights, Ohio, United States|
|Date Of Birth/Birthday:||September 16, 1964|
|Age/How Old:||59 years old|
|Height/How Tall:||In Centimetres – 165cm |
In Feet and Inches – 5 ′ 5″
|Weight:||In Kilograms – 57 Kg|
In Pounds – 125lbs
|Eye Color:||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color:||Dark Brown|
|Parents Name:||Father – James F. Shannon|
Mother – Peg Shannon
|Siblings:||Mary Shannon Beatty and Katie Shannon|
|School/College:||st. Dominic School, Hawken School, Tisch School of the Arts at New York University|
|Husband/Spouse Name:||Fritz Chestnut|
|Kids/Children Name:||Stella and Nolan|
|Profession:||Actor, Writer, Producer, & Comedian|
|Net Worth:||$8 million|
|Last Updated:||March 2023|
Early Life of Molly Shannon
She was born in Shaker Heights, Ohio, United States. Molly Shannon’s father’s name is James F. Shannon, and her mother’s name is Peg Shannon. She has two siblings: Mary Shannon Beatty and Katie Shannon.
Must read: Alessandro Nivola Bio, Age, Height, Career, Wife, Net Worth
Molly Shannon Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
She was born on September 16, 1964. Molly Shannon’s age is 59 as of March 2023. She stands at 5′ 5 ” tall, and she weighs around 57kg. Her Dark Brown hair is matched with Dark Brown eyes. Molly Shannon belongs to American nationality, and her zodiac sign is Virgo.
Molly Shannon Education
Several individuals are questioning the academic qualifications of Molly Shannon. In this section, her educational history is examined in depth. She graduated From st. Dominic School in Shaker Heights and Hawken School in Gates Mills, Ohio, for elementary school. She earned her bachelor’s degree from the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University.
Molly Shannon Personal Life
Molly Shannon is happily married. Shannon married the artist Fritz Chestnut on May 29, 2004; their wedding took place on that date. Moreover, the couple has two children: Stella and Nolan.
Must read: Tricia Helfer Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Career, Net Worth
Molly Shannon Professional Career
- She traveled to New York. With a desire to become an actor, she struggled to find good possibilities and eventually won a small supporting role in a horror film.
- In 1989, she was given a chance in the remake of “The Phantom of the Opera.” Shannon made cameo appearances on television in 1991 with Twin Peaks and 1993 with Living Color. She also imitates well-known comedians such as Chris Rock & Jim Carrey.
- In 1995, when she was recruited as a featured player to replace Janeane Garofalo on Saturday Night Live, Shannon’s biggest entertainment chance arose.
- She was subsequently cast as a permanent member with artists such as David Spade, Mark McKinney, etc. Similarly, she gained popularity for the characters she introduced to “Saturday Night Live.”
- The 1997 episode of “Seinfeld” titled “The Summer of George” featured Shannon. She also appeared in Sheryl Crow’s music video for “A Change (Will Do You Good)” and had a regular role on “Will & Grace.”
- Furthermore, Shannon quit “Saturday Night Live” in the early 2000s after becoming the longest-serving female cast member on the show. After that, she featured alongside Ashton Kutcher and Tara Reid in the 2003 romantic comedy My Boss’s Daughter.
- In 2006, Shannon secured a role in the Sofia Coppola-directed film Marie Antoinette. In addition, she portrayed the part of “Aunt Victoire.”She worked with notable figures such as Kirsten Dunst, Jason Schwartzman, etc.
- In addition, she achieved fame in 2008 with ‘Kath & Kim and the American adaptation of a famous Australian series in which she starred opposite Selma Blair. However, the show failed to achieve viewership appeal.
More about Profession
- Additionally, she returned for a special edition of “Saturday Night Live.” In 2010, she played the part of ‘Marge McDougall in the revival of Promises on Broadway. Likewise, Shannon’s tenure on ‘Saturday Night Live is regarded to be her greatest notable accomplishment. The program highlighted her comedic abilities in the entertainment industry.
Molly Shannon Awards and Achievements
Below is a summary of Molly Shannon’s awards and accomplishments:
- She won the 2017 Independent Spirit Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for her performance in “Other Реорlе.”
- She was a cast member in the 1998 black comedy-drama film “Нарріnеѕѕ.” In 1998, the film received the National Board of Review Award for Best Cast.
- She won the Ехсеllеnсе іn Асtіng Аwаrd іn 2018 at the Рrоvіnсеtоwn International Film Festival.
- In 2000, 2013, and 2018 she was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for her performances in “Saturday Night Live,” “Enlightened,” and “Will & Grace.”
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Molly Shannon in 2023
Molly Shannon has a net worth of $8 million as an American actress, producer, writer, & comedian. She has earned the most of her income from her acting profession.