Simon Timothy “Tim” Roth is an English film actor and producer best known for his appearances in Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Four Rooms, Planet of the Apes, The Incredible Hulk, and Rob Roy, for which he was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. He most recently portrayed Cal Lightman in the television series Lie to Me.
Early Life of Tim Roth
He was born in Dulwich, London, England. Tim Roth’s father’s name is Ernie Roth, and his mother’s name is Ann Roth.
Tim Roth Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurement
He was born on May 14, 1961. Tim Roth’s age is 61 as of August 2022. He is 5′ 8″ tall and weighs around 68kg. His hair is a light brown colour, and his eyes are blue. Tim Roth belongs to an English nationality, and his zodiac sign is Taurus.
Tim Roth Education
A person needs the education to become bright when discussing academic and professional knowledge. Additionally, are our fans interested in the specifics of their educational information? What year did he begin his film career, and how long did it take to make her renowned in the Hollywood film industry? Now I will describe the qualifications and education of the renowned Hollywood actor Tim Roth. Croydon Technical School, Strand School in Tulse Hill, is the school’s name. The name of the college is Camberwell College of Arts. The degree level is Graduate.
Tim Roth Personal Life
- Tim Roth gave up his bachelor’s lifestyle for the first time in the early 1980s. His first wife, Lori Baker, gave birth to their son Jack in 1984.
- Three years after the birth of their child, the family began experiencing challenges that coincided with employment setbacks. As a result, Tim Roth relocated from England to the United States, leaving behind his wife and kid, whom he eventually brought with him.
- The actor married again in 1993. This time, he felt love for fashion designer Nikki Butler. Tim met her during the Sundance Film Festival in 1992. Tim Roth’s second marriage produced two sons: Timothy Hunter in 1995 and Michael Cormac the following year.
- The actor had tattoos on his right arm in honour of his wife Nikki & three boys, which he subsequently showed on his Instagram account.
Tim Roth Professional Career
- At age 21, he made his acting debut in the television film “Made in Britain,” in which he portrayed a “white power skinhead.”
- In the 1984 film ‘Meantime’ directed by Mike Leigh, he portrayed a meek and timid individual.
- In the 1984 drama film “The Hit” by Stephen Frears, for which he received the Evening Standard Award, he produced an award-winning performance.
- Together with Bette Davis and Helen Hayes, he featured in the 1985 television film “Murder with Mirrors,” which was based on Agatha Christie’s mystery novel “They Do It With Mirrors.”
- In 1986, he starred on the BBC channel in “King of the Ghetto,” a play based on Farukh Dhondy’s novel about ethnic tensions in London’s east end.
- The 1989 romantic crime movie ‘The Cook, the Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover’ portrayed the dimwitted thug Mitchel.
- After appearing in Robert Altman’s ‘Vincent and Theo ‘and Tom Stoppard’s ‘Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead’ in 1990, he received international renown.
- After playing the character of ‘Mr, Orange’ in Quentin Tarantino’s debut picture, ‘Reservoir Dogs,’ he landed numerous opportunities in Hollywood. He was also cast in ‘Pulp Fiction’ and ‘Four Rooms’ by Tarantino.
- In the 1995 adventure picture Rob Roy, in which he portrayed the villain Archibald Cunningham, he gave a performance for which he won an award.
- In 1996, he appeared in the musical film “Everyone Says I Love You” by Woody Allen. In the same year, he also featured in “The Legend of 1900” and “Gridlock’d.”
- In 1999, he made his directorial debut with The War Zone, an adaptation of Alexander Stuart’s novel of the same name. He was hired for the science fiction film “Planet of the Apes” two years later.”
- From 2009 to 2011, he appeared in the Fox television series ‘Lie To Me’ His character, Dr. Cal Lightman, was modelled after renowned psychologist and body language decoder Dr. Paul Ekman.
Quick Bio / Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Tim Roth|
|Birth Place:||Dulwich, London, England|
|Date Of Birth/Birthday:||May 14, 1961|
|Age/How Old:||61 years old|
|Height/How Tall:||In Centimetres – 172cm |
In Feet and Inches – 5 ′ 8″
|Weight:||In Kilograms – 68Kg|
In Pounds – 149lbs
|Hair Color:||Light Brown|
|Parents Name:||Father – Ernie Roth|
Mother – Ann Roth
|School/College:||Croydon Technical School, Strand School, Camberwell College of Arts|
|Wife/Spouse Name:||Lori Baker (Ex), Nikki Butler|
|Kids/Children Name:||Jack, Timothy Hunter, Michael Cormac|
|Profession:||Actor and Producer|
|Net Worth:||$8 Million|
|Last Updated:||August 2022|
Tim Roth Awards and Achievements
- Nominated for the 1985 BAFTA Film Award for Most Outstanding Newcomer to Film.
- Nominated for the 1995 Oscar for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role.
- Nominated for the 1996 Independent Spirit Award for Best Male Lead.
- Nominated for the 1996 Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture.
- Winner of the 1996 BAFTA Film Award for Best Supporting Actor.
- Winner of the Fassbinder Award for European Discovery at the 1999 European Film Awards.
- European Film nominated for 1999 European Film Awards.
- Winner of the 1999 European Film Academy Award for Best European Film Discovery.
- 2001 Independent Spirit Awards-Best Foreign Film: Nominated.
- Winner of the 2011 People’s Choice Award for Favourite TV Crime Fighter.
- Nominated for the 2017 Independent Spirit Award for Best Male Lead.
Net Worth, Salary & Earnings of Tim Roth in 2022
Below is current information on Tim Roth’s estimated Net Worth, Income, Earnings, Cars, Lifestyle, and other assets. How wealthy will he be in 2021-2022?
In 2022, at 61, Tim Roth is expected to have a net worth of $8 million, according to credible web sources. Most of his money stems from his successful career as an English actor, television producer, and film director. He probably earns income from unidentified sources.